Sunday, April 17, 2011

Pages 07-02 and 07-03 Rudder Started and Test Fitted

About another 2 hours on the builders Hobbs

So finally back at it after being on travel for the past week.  It is great to get started on the second major piece of the tail.  The rudder seems like it is going together quickly.  I got the spar done and did the test fit on the vertical stab.  It would make more sense to me if they would specify more of what we are testing the fit for.  In any case it bolted up fine and also went the whole throw to the stops one the lower bracket so I am assuming we are good.  We ran out of light and I don't have a good enough light in the build area yet to work into the night.  I assume the neighbors probably wouldn't want to listen to the compressor if we had moved onto riveting together the rest of the rudder.

We will finish up the rudder tomorrow night.  I will post some pics then.

Tried to get in some flying again.  I flew twice in the past two days.  The weather just didn't cooperate though.  I was originally going to do my last flight to get in some shorts and softs before my check ride today.  In the end the winds just kept gusting and so I didn't get to get the flight in and postponed the check ride until about a week and a half from now provided I can get that one last flight in.  Fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment