Saturday, June 4, 2011

Pages 10-01 Through 10-04 Tail Cone Assembly About Half Done

Another 10 hours on the builders Hobbs.

Wow we made some serious progress today on the tail cone.  I was feeling bad about not getting any building done in a couple weeks.  My son and wife really helped me today in making some  great progress.  My son worked on tapping the tie down bolt in area of the skid plate and then worked on getting the skins of the bottom half of the tail cone done.  My wife brought us out pizza for dinner and got recruited to help my son with the clecoing and riveting the skins on.  A bit of disappointment as we realized we were missing two bushings.  I am not sure if we managed to lose them in the move to the hangar or we just missed them in the initial inventory.

The only major issue on this work was the number of squeezed rivets.  My hands are killing me from squeezing them all.  Below are some pictures of the progress we made today.




No comments:

Post a Comment