Saturday, March 3, 2012

Pages 21-04 to 21-13

Ok about 35 or so more hours on the builders Hobb's.

It has been a busy couple weeks with work but I have been able to spend some quality time on the weekends getting some building done on the fuselage.  The weather in Colorado has not been really favorable to flying.  I managed to get in a flight up to Erie CO to get some work done on my other plane but that was about it.  I got up yesterday for about .4 and encountered some serious wind shear.  All that allowed me to really focus on the seating area of the fuselage.  I did manage one stupid move on this section.  I didn't read the directions closely enough and enlarged both holes on the F-1226L seat panel to 1/2 inch instead of just the forward most one.  I swear I read the directions as both holes.. alas no, I was wrong.

I am feeling better about the build after the last couple weeks.  I was kind of dreading the nut plates in the fuselage.  I am however feeling better about them I guess.  It just seems like they never end.  Hoping to get through the bottom and lower side skins tomorrow.  I have some help coming in so the build should go more quickly than having just me working on it.

Some Seat Ribs 

More Seat Ribs 

The Seating Area Riveted In 

The State of the Fuselage as of Today's Building

1 comment:

  1. "I swear I read the directions as both holes.. alas no, I was wrong."

    It's amazing, isn't it! And even being aware that you can develop these blind spots isn't enough - I kept thinking "Well, I won't do THAT again," but I still did. It's quite humbling.

    ReplyDelete