Saturday, May 7, 2011

I am a pilot!!!

Ok so my build has slowed a bit due to work travel and of course wanting to get my sport pilot cert so I can fly my -12 when it is done.  I have managed to get one of the anti-servo tabs done and will finish the other one tomorrow and start the stabilator.

On to the main news.. I passed my sport pilot check ride this morning at Centennial AP, just south of Denver CO.  The weather was so incredibly nice.  It was just a great day to fly.  In all it was only a 1.3 and it was over before I knew it started.  The pattern was busy today but seemed to open up when I needed to do my pattern work.  Very few bumps and the practice area was mostly empty.  I am so happy to be done and off to learn how to be a pilot.

Now I am really focused on finishing the -12.  I told Mitch from Van's that I wanted to bring it down to Sun N Fun next year.  We shall see if I can pull that off.

No comments:

Post a Comment