Sunday, May 15, 2011

Pages 09-01 - 09-05 Stabilator Spar Box Completed

10 more hours on the builders Hobbs


Well as expected the stabilator has been more of a challenge than the previous parts.  The spar box has taken me longer than I had expected it would.  I guess it really is just more complex than the previous pieces.  If I don't see another nut plate I would be happy.  Hand squeezing some of these rivets is also a challenge.  The longer rivets in the counter balance arm flange was a serious challenge and I am using the Main Squeeze.  The nut plates are just a pain to me to get properly aligned and squeezed.  It got easier by the end.


I am hoping to get the rest of the stabilator finished tomorrow but we shall see.  I am really trying to get the empennage kit completed soon as I expect the wing kit this week or next and I am out of room.  I am hoping I can either store the finished pieces in various places in the house :)  or in a hangar if I can get that arranged this week.  I think I am at the point where I really need the hangar.



No comments:

Post a Comment