Sunday, May 8, 2011

Pages 08-01 through 08-04 Finished the Anti-servo Tabs

4 more hours on the builders Hobbs

Ok I guess this may be the last of the easy pieces :)  They seemed to go together fairly easily.  The only trick appeared to be the jig that Van's provided for the hinge piece drilling locations.  They were just a little too snug to fit into the spaces between hinge eyelets.  In the end it all worked fine but it seemed like just a few millimeters off the sides of the jig would have made for a perfect fit.

I started on the stabilator too.  I will post more about that experience tomorrow hopefully when I get some more of it completed.  That was the impetus for my comment about the last of the easy pieces.  The directions for the initial rivet placement on the first pieces of the stabilator had me confused for quite a while.  Maybe just me and flattened pictures.  Had to drill out 4 rivets.  I guess that isn't so bad in the end.

Here is the picture of my finished anti-servo tabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment