Monday, March 28, 2011

Page 06-05 Vertical Stab Christmas Tree Mostly Done!

One More hour on the builder's Hobbs

Ok minor issue.. in putting together the nut plates on the bottom of the bottom rib on the tree I discovered that in fact Vans had left out one of the two nut plates for that installation.  They were of course the only two of their kind in the kit so I had no spares.  I called today and have the piece heading my way.  Unfortunately it sort of keeps me from skinning the V-Stab.  I did finish up most of the rest of the christmas tree since I could without concern for that nut plate.

I am going to put a few more solid rivets in tomorrow and then it is on hold until the nut plate arrives.  Of course I leave for Sun N Fun first thing on Wed morning.  I am guessing it is going to be a week and a half or so before I will be able to get the skin on the V-Stab due to this delay and my travels.

On the flying front I did get to go up on Sunday.  The winds were ok but the clouds were too low to get done what I needed to in terms of maneuvers practice for my pre-check ride.  The good news is that I did get in some more pattern work in some varying winds at altitude.  Going up tomorrow to get to the practice area if all goes to plan.

Hoping to see some RV-12's at Sun N Fun.  Hope to meet some other builders there.

No comments:

Post a Comment